Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Today I own my own life

Hello,
I've been running around with my head cut off like a chicken ever since I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. She is now 2 1/2 years old. Since she's been born, my husband and I have uprooted our lives, displaced our friends, lived in mom and dads basement, been through too many job changes, purchased a business, and traveled to 13 states and another country. We've been busy and my life never seems to give me time for me. Which means I don't give the right kind of time to anything else in my life, including my daughter, husband and my passion, showing women how to help themselves.

That's my fault. I'm taking responsibility for it. I don't want to look back and wish I'd done things differently. I've made both good and bad choices throughout my life. It's time for me to own up to ALL of my choices.

Today, I begin owning my own life. I may or may not do a good job of it. But, I'm owning that too.

This is the first of many random thoughts, notes, requests for advice, etc. The site will probably keep morphing. More often then not, my posts will be at 1 a.m. after both my husband and daughter have gone to bed and I've let the dog, Lucy, out just one more time. It seems silly that taking time for me means posting on a website, but journaling is an important step for lots of things. I've never blogged before, but I've recently begun chatting on some online forums. I've found that I end of sharing my philosophical views more often than not, and it's great to get those out. I might even pull some of those over here and share.

Anyway, I think this is that niche for me to journal. Talk it out. Share it. Give it to the universe as it may. Is that an actual term? Not sure...

Well, I'm off to be the mom and maybe try to get some more boss stuff done later. Then a few more minutes for me by catching up with a little bit of Thursday night TV on tivo. Who has time for TV at the actual time it airs?

Owning my life,
Heather


No comments: